We have many years of experience in the registration of designs in Ukraine, CIS countries, Europe, USA, Asia and other countries, international registration of designs (the Hague System).
In our practice, we cooperate with patent attorneys in more than 20 countries.
OUR COMPANY PROVIDES A FULL RANGE OF REGISTRATION AND PROTECTION OF DESIGNS, namely:
- Patent Search,
- Filing for registration,
- Office actions with the State Patent Office,
- Protecting the rights before the Appeals Chamber,
- Obtaining a Patent,
- Maintaining a Patent in force,
- Monitoring of client's design rights infringement,
- Protect the design rights of the clients before any court authority.
WE ALSO DEVELOP AND REGISTER:
- License agreements,
- Design Assignments,
- Agreements as to joint ownership and use of design,
- Other agreements by request.
BRIEFLY ABOUT DESIGNS
Relations associated with obtaining and implementation of the design rights in Ukraine are regulated by the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Rights to Industrial Designs" (hereinafter - the Law) and international law.
The industrial design is the result of a creative activity of a man in the field of artistic designing.
Ownership of the design shall be certified by a Patent.
Validity of the Patent for design is 10 years from the filing date, with the right of extension for another 5 years.
The Patent is to be maintained in force every year.
Any individuals, business organizations, legal entities and their successors have the right to register design.
The rights arising from the Patent are valid from the date of publication of the grant of a patent.
The scope of rights is determined by an aggregate of substantial features of an industrial design, represented in the image (images) of the product.
The object of a design can be:
- Their combination,
which define the appearance of an industrial product and are intended to satisfy aesthetic and ergonomic demands.
THE PATENT OWNER HAS THE RIGHT:
- The exclusive right to use the design in at his own discretion if such a use does not infringe rights of other owners of patents,
- The exclusive right to forbid other persons to use the design without his permission,
- The exclusive right to dispose of the right to the design in the manner prescribed in Article 20 of the Law.