We have many years of experience in the registration of utility models in Ukraine, entering PCT applications into national phase in Ukraine, CIS countries, Europe, USA, Asia and other countries.
In our practice, we cooperate with patent attorneys in more than 20 countries.
OUR COMPANY PROVIDES A FULL RANGE OF REGISTRATION AND PROTECTION OF UTILITY MODELS, namely:
- Patent Search,
- Filing for registration,
- Office actions with the State Patent Office,
- Protecting the rights before the Appeals Chamber,
- Obtaining a Patent,
- Maintaining a Patent in force,
- Monitoring of client's utility model rights infringement,
- Protect the utility model rights of the clients before any court authority.
WE ALSO DEVELOP AND REGISTER:
- License agreements,
- Utility model Assignments,
- Agreements as to joint ownership and use of utility model,
- Other agreements by request.
BRIEFLY ABOUT UTILITY MODELS
Relations associated with obtaining and implementation of the utility model rights in Ukraine are regulated by the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Rights to Inventions and Utility Models" (hereinafter - the Law) and international law.
The utility model is the result of human intellectual activity in any field of technology that meets the criteria of patentability (novelty, industrial applicability).
Ownership of the utility model shall be certified by a Patent.
Validity of the Patent for utility model is 10 years from the filing date.
The Patent is to be maintained in force every year.
Any individuals, business organizations, legal entities and their successors have the right to register utility model.
The rights arising from the Patent are valid from the date of publication of the grant of a patent.
The scope of rights is restricted by the claims.
The object of an utility model can be:
- Product (device, substance, microorganism strain, plant or animal cells culture etc.);
- The process (method),
- The novel use of a known product or process.
THE PATENT OWNER HAS THE RIGHT:
- The exclusive right to use the utility model in at his own discretion if such a use does not infringe rights of other owners of patents,
- The exclusive right to forbid other persons to use the utility model without his permission,
- The exclusive right to dispose of the right to the utility model in the manner prescribed in Article 28 of the Law.